Sunday, June 29, 2014

Photo 52 Project - Week 2 (What makes me smile)

Week 2 is What Makes Me Smile.

Last weekend we took our nieces to the local carousel.  I was dying to play with my new 50mm/f1.8 lens, and I think I got some nice shots.

These pictures make me smile for two reasons:  we always have so much fun when we go on, and it reminds me of my childhood.  (I think the carousel from my childhood is better though - http://www.forestparkcarousel.com/ - Mainly because it's not just horses.)  This is Nunley's Carousel.  It's been moved a few times, but its current home is by the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Museum Row.

I also went to Old Westbury Gardens last week while I was on vacation.  I plan to post a few of those pictures soon.  I wasn't entirely happy with them, because I feel that some of them are too bright.  It was a cloudy but bright out, and I think that I should have played with the white balance a little.  I'm still learning about that, though.  I want to experiment with shooting in RAW, since I'm learning that it would make adjustments like white balance easier.    I was happy with the way most of the flower pictures came out, though, so that's probably what I'll post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment