Saturday, June 14, 2014

New Beginnings

I've been doing research for my 52 Week Photo Project, and I think I'm going to compile my own list.  This way I can tailor it to suit my own interests and problem areas.

Since the weather has been so cool for June, I've taken advantage and done a lot of gardening.  It's amazing how quickly weeds can grow, while the things I've planted take so long to fill out.  I was able to trim most of my rose bushes this year, except for a few in a back area that needed major weeding.  I'm still not done back there.  I call that area the "Grandma Garden," because it seems to have mostly flowers that kids give their grandmothers on holidays, like Easter and Mother's Day.  There are some hyacinth and lilies, along with some irises.  The irises are in dire need of transplanting, which will have to wait until I decide where to move them.  The roses in that area are English roses, and they haven't been in great shape since I inherited them when we moved in.

I took a general DSLR 101 class with my friend Jean at a local camera store.  They're also having a Canon class in July, which I am considering.  While I know the basics of photography, this time around I would really like to learn what all the dials and options on my camera can do.

I took this picture of the roses in my front yard after it rained the day before my class.  Unfortunately, it's been raining here for most of the week, and I haven't been able to get outside and practice.  This week I plan on going to a local botanical garden with Jean to get in some camera time.  I should be sharing that experience at the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment