Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Photo 52 Project - Week 1 (Pets)

 After some research, I've come up with 52 (plus a few) ideas for my project.  I don't plan to number them, because I don't feel that forcing myself to come up with a picture is going to help me stick with it.  This offers me a little more flexibility with my plans.  My goal is to use my Canon Rebel most of the time, in order to learn the features better.  Sometimes that might not be possible, but I'm going to do my best.

So the topic for Week 1 is Pet(s).  This is my cat, Felix.

  As I was having my lunch yesterday, working on my list, my cat was napping in his bed, as usual.  He got up to stretch and decided that napping on his scratching box looked better.  To get my shots, I got down on the floor near him and started shooting.  I think I disturbed him, but  he was posing for me after a minute.  I even got some pictures of  him in his "cute mode," where he shows us his belly before he got bored and went back to napping.


The second picture I took with my Canon PowerShot.  One of my topics for the project is "sun flare," and I decided to fool around with the PowerShot in Manual mode.  I took a few shots of flowers back-lit by the sun, and when I was reframing the shot, my camera focused on the reflection of my neighbor's skylight.  I thought the effect was pretty cool.  

2 comments:

  1. I like the way the "sun flare" photo came out. It's a very interesting effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I kind of reminded me of a moon. LOL!

    ReplyDelete