Sunday, September 28, 2014

Photo 52 Project - Week 7 (Black & White)

So I've been a little lax these last few weeks.  I haven't stopped taking pictures, but for the last few weeks, they've been mostly pictures of my family.  I did take some pictures over the last few weeks that I might post soon, but probably not part of my weekly challenge.

Now that we're getting into my favorite season, I'll be taking my camera out with me even more.  I have a bus trip to Sleepy Hollow coming up at the end of October.  I'm very excited about that one.  I've always wanted to go up there but haven't gotten around to it.

Today I decided to start shooting in RAW.  My camera has the option of shooting in both RAW and JPEG at the same time, so it's like training wheels for me.  I downloaded a trial of Photoshop Elements, and I spent part of tonight playing around with a couple of pictures.  Here's one of my cat, Felix.  I adjusted the white balance and changed the file to black & white.  I have to say that I was surprised at what a big difference playing with the white balance made.  I thought the picture looked nice as it was, but when I changed it around a little, it looked much nicer.
Tomorrow night I'll play around with a few more pictures to see what else I can do.  I can't wait to see what other options the program has.  

No comments:

Post a Comment